This fantasy football blog discusses fantasy football and gives fantasy football advice about how to maximize your efforts to win your fantasy football leagues.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

2006 Draftcandy.com TEL: Recap Part I


Fantasy football 2006 is about to be unleashed on all of us. That is why I am uber- mock drafting and mock drafting as much as possible right now. I just finished my first draft against the experts. I had the good fortune to represent 123fantasyfootball.com in the 2006 Draft Candy's Tournament of Experts League. Many of the top fantasy football websites and fantasy football blogs were involved. I drafted out of the 10 hole for this fantasy football league. It was not fun but I created a strong fantasy football team.


1: Rudi Johnson: Rudi is the most consistent player on board at this position. He is a player who typically gets hot in the second part of the season. He gives me a strong foundation to build a team on. He rarely misses games and teams cannot stack the box to stop him due to Carson, Chad and TJ. Although, Rudi rarely catches passes…I am willing to overlook that due to the fact that I will be able to count on him for 16 games. Finally, if Carson is unable to play at the start of the season…then expect teams to get a heavy dose of Rudi.

2: Cadillac Williams: I got a brand new Caddy to show off. No more rookie wall. I love this pick. I wanted to get Westy, because of his ability to catch passes. Caddy lacks the pass catching that I would prefer in a PPR league, however Gruden loves to pound the rock and I expect a lot of redzone TDs for Caddy.

3: Hines Ward: Year after year Hines Ward continues to be disrespected by the fantasy football world for what? All he does is produces. I think Big Ben will not miss any time and Hines will be his favorite target. Hines is never a glamour pick, but more of a steady blue collar player like the city he represents. In fact, I am lucky that he fell to me…but I wanted Reggie Wayne.

4: Darrell Jackson: Djax…what can I say about a guy that continues to perform at a high level. Last year injuries hurt his production but this year he should have a stellar year. When Djax was healthy he was lined up with a number two that was really a number 3. This year the guy playing opposite of him is a true number 2 if not a 1b. Plus, the Seahawks are going to get everyone’s best thrown at them, which might mean that they will be behind in some games and forced to go to the air. Not to mention playing in the NFC West this year and having four games against the boys in the AFC West means that we could be in for an major air offensive.

5: Alge Crumpler: This pick was made due to the format of this league. Crump is the best of the remaining TEs left. He is the only offensive target that Vick looks for. If Vick has improved his passing abilities, as he claims, then expect Crump to have better numbers than he had last year. Furthermore, Jenkins and White should make huge strides in their game, which will free up more of the middle for Crump to work.

6: Donoovan McNabb: No TO...something to prove...he has put up fantasy god style points with worse WRs in the past...easy schedule...and fighting for the respect of Philly...McNabb is a steal at this pick...thanks everyone



7: LenDale White: I believe he will be the starter by year end. A talented back with questionable work habits, but managed to shine at USC. Norm Chow, will be able to get the most out of him. People forget that White is really fast. The hamstring problems are cleared up and Chris Brown sees the writing on the wall. I expect for White to be the starter by week 9.

8: Eddie Kennison: Eddie Kennisonis the only receiving threat this team has short of Gonzo. He still knows how to get separation from defenders. My plan is to play him when KC has possible shoot-outs. KC is a good team, that should be competitive the whole year and thus Eddie should still be playing hard during the Fantasy Football Playoffs. What he lacks in receptions he makes up in yardage in TDs. Further, if you are skilled enough to play Eddie when the match-ups favor him you could be in for a real treat.

9: Drew Bennet: Wow I thought I drafted Cooley and I was really excited about that pick...then I find Drew Bennet here and I am very pleased with this selection. Drew and Billy were many FF owners nightmares two years ago and a couple of owners' dreams come true...Mine to be honest he put my teams on his back and set me up for the league championship…and I brought that home. Drew is the deep threat on his team. Drew is blessed with good size and deceptive speed and a knack of getting open. He is opposite a true pro and the TEs are developed and know how to work the middle freeing up the sidelines. Norm will take shots done the field when the time is right. Expect Drew to be on the end of some of those Billy Bombs

10: Jake Plummer: Jake had a solid year last year even with the disappearing act pulled by Ashley. This year he has Rod Smith back along with Javon Walker. I expect Walker to have a solid year helping Plummer's numbers. If McNabb falters...Plummer can be legitimate starter for me.

11: Dallas Clark: Crump shoulder is not up to par and just in case he has some lingering effects from his surgery I need to back him up. Dallas Clark is a great TE under any circumstances but in this case I am very happy to have him as TE#2. I think with Edge in the Valley of the Sun Dallas will have a chance to "Do" the Endzone a little more often than most people think.



  • null
  • 12: Travis Henery: Chris Brown's status is up in the air and he has a track record of injuries. CB has requested a trade even though Fisher has stated that he is the starter. Henry just had a horrible season. First his battle with substance abuse then an ankle that never healed. This year will be different. This pick also gives me two of the potential starters on the Titans. Not to bad at this point of the draft.

    13: Philly's D: Philly's D is tough and when you have McNabb keeping the ball out of the other team's hands...life is good. A team that applies pressure and has great sack masters like Kerse who now has Howard on the other side...life is good...Patterson...last year's first round pick...has stepped up in the middle of the line...plus the first half of the season is EZ

    14: Pat's D: I enjoy playing small ball with my D's and Philly and NE have a schedule that works well together. NE always gives other teams fits. They did well last year and they had a ton of injuries. This year they have a lot of players with game experience. I look for a solid year for this D.

    15: Jeff Reed: I like grabing kickers on teams with strong D's and O's with question marks. I believe Reed fits the bill. This way if the O sputters in the Redzone more trys for him. Furthermore, the D will produce short fields and Cower likes taking the points...and Reed can kick well in a horrible place to kick FGs.

    16: Ashley Lelie: Lelie has talent, but the question is when is he going to keep the switch on the on position the whole time. I must admit that I have been burnt by this guy many times. Regardless, there will be some team that will be desperate for a WR. Lelie will go to that team and try to be that team's number one. I am just socking him away for the short term.

    Part two of this post will discuss what I was thinking but was not writing and how it ties into my fantasy football philosophy. For more fantasy football information please visit 123fantasyfootball.com. If you are looking for a fantasy football league to join visit Antsports by simply clicking the Ant!

    Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

    Please visit our supporters on the side and in the text...thank you. Also leave me a comment and tell me what you think of my team.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home