This fantasy football blog discusses fantasy football and gives fantasy football advice about how to maximize your efforts to win your fantasy football leagues.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

The Results From My 2006 WCOFF Draft

I have just completed my first official fantasy football draft for my WCOFF Satellite League. Now it is time to step back and admire what I have built and analyze where I am weak and what positions I can strengthen. Remember I drafted this team from the sixth position. My team's roster is as follows:

QBs: McNabb, Brooks, Lefty

RBS: Edge, Reuben, Jamal Lewis, Derrick Blaylock, Davenport, and Brandon Jacobs

WRs: J. Walker, Kennison, Curtis, Glenn and Moulds

TEs: Shockey and Pollard

Ks: Reed and Stover

Ds: Philly and the Pats Looking at the

QB position...I like what I see. McNabb and Brooks have questions surrounding them...and Lefty is just not the type of NFL player that strikes fear into fantasy football players...he is nice and consistent, but lacks the type of games that can win weeks for you all by himself. My running backs were looking good a few days ago and now they look wretched.

I was listening to Sirius Satellite radio and heard that Bentley is out for the year and JL is on the PUP. (I was able to arrange a free three day trial of Sirius for my readers. To start listening click here Free Online Trial of SIRIUS' 100% Commercial-Free Music). I need JL to step up and fend off Mike Anderson. Bentley was one of the reasons I was so high on Reuben. Edge has question marks, but should perform in the Valley of the Sun. Derrick is losing touches to Cedric in the J-E-T-S training camp. When I drafted my running backs I was really happy now I am worried.

My fantasy football wide receivers are not sexy but solid. I plan on running a three running back and three WR set. I believe that Eddie, Terry, Javon, and Eric are all set to start the first week of the season. I think Kevin will strip time away from Ike and I will have 5 quality WRs.

Shockey makes a great fantasy football tight end and I look at him more as my number one WR than my TE. He should help me control the position. Pollard is a solid substitute in case Shockey goes down.

My team has two and two D's that I can play small ball with. Furthermore, I do not have to worry about dropping an underperforming player...If someone appears on the wavier wire...I can just drop one of my D's and or Kickers.

Last year I won the only WCOFF satellite league that I entered. This year will be difficult, but I think I can work something out. I believe I have the best team to go head to head with the competition once the four fantasy football playoff teams are determined. Until then I will need consistent and steady point production from my boys. My founding fantasy football players: Edge, Jamal, Reuben, Shockey and Javon have to give me consistent performance. I am looking for McNabb to have a huge year as well as to play my WRs when the match up suits them.

However, I am going to keep tuned to Sirius Satellite Radio to keep up with the latest news updates concerning my players.

  • Sirius Satellite Radio


  • Technorati Tags: , , , , , and

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home