This fantasy football blog discusses fantasy football and gives fantasy football advice about how to maximize your efforts to win your fantasy football leagues.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Keeping It Real

Fantasy football means a lot to me, but allow me to be real for a minute. I enjoy the hell out of some fantasy football. I like knowing that my hard work (mock drafts, pouring over stats, creating spreadsheets, and reading everything I can get my hands on.) pays off. I love looking at my antsports trophies and check stubs. I must admit that I get a little weak in the knees everytime I look at the results of my WCOFF satelite league and see my ugly team in first place and I view my check stub for 2K and the bling bling it bought my girl.

I am being real so I will admit it...I love winning. I love my God, then my family, then my fiance, then money (I'm being real) and then winning. Sometimes, in my desire to win...to prove to the rest of the world how smart I am I lose sight of those who support me. Those who love me regardless of how my team does. I forget about my base...forget is too harsh and too dramatic of a word...I would be better served by saying neglect or take for granted. Although, I think about my loved ones every day...I must admit that I become a little too focused on this game of skill that we all hold very dear...fantasy football.

For me the the months of July through the first or second week of September are my most intense. I compensate to my loved ones by shunning all other sports. I am writing this post to

remind all of you that a happy wife = a happy life. Find balance with those who mean the most to you...if at all possible include them in the process...how you do that I have no idea...but if you know of a way please inform me. This might be the best fantasy football advice I have ever written.


Technorati Tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home