This fantasy football blog discusses fantasy football and gives fantasy football advice about how to maximize your efforts to win your fantasy football leagues.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Angie From DraftCandy.com Explains DraftMaster

Fantasy-Football-Advice.Blogspot.com is proud to have Draftcandy's Angie representing it in the 2006 Draft Candy's Tournament of Experts League.
Here is Angie to explain her drafting philosophy in this fantasy football experts draft her own words and provide additional insight.

My husband, Cory - the owner of Draft Candy decides to put together an expert mock draft in 4 days. Of course, thanks to Garrick, owner of 123 Fantasy Football, he had this idea. While I’m hunting down sites to participate, I’m unaware that we are going to start this mock draft as soon as we have 12 teams.

Next thing I know, the first round is starting and I have pick number 6. I don’t even know who my first round pick is going to be. Usually, once you know your draft spot, you would have a really good idea who you’re going to draft your first pick. That wasn’t the case with me.

I’ve had no prep time, no study time, and I’m so unprepared, pretty much dreading this draft. Every other person has been studying and researching for weeks to give their users ideas and thoughts and news on the best players, while I’ve been researching advertising and trying to get more exposure for Draft Candy.

Then I remember – “Wait a minute. I have my Fantasy Football Draft Master. Our rankings are the default, so all I have to do is set a few parameters for the league, input the names of the other teams and what picks they are and launch the Draft Master (DM), and I’m ready to go. And it’s a good thing because by this time, it’s the pick before me.

So, I take a couple seconds to catch up to click the “draft” button on the DM, which gray’s out the players already drafted. Then I take a couple minutes to check out the stats on the next top RB’s, write some notes in some of the players that I’m targeting. I already know who the RB’s backups are, as they are listed under the handcuffs, so I have some later round possibilities to be safe. I check out the news on the top RB’s that I’m looking to draft, to be sure there are no last minute injuries or things that could affect the performance of the players I’m looking at.

Well, I’m up on the draft, and I’m feeling confident. It’s a point per reception league, so I have to keep that in mind when drafting running backs as well, I choose – Lamont Jordan. I click “draft” at the end of his stats, news, notes and so forth and the DM and highlights him in yellow to decipher between my team and the other teams.

Now, we’re in about round 4 and it’s slowed down for the weekend. But I’m telling you, I didn’t have to study at all because of the DM! However, I don’t recommend this in money leagues. But I do know that you don’t have to spend nearly as much time studying, because you can really study all at once while simply setting up your Fantasy Football Draft Master. You have news, stats, the back ups to players who you might want to handcuff. It has targeting to remind you of star players or sleepers you are looking at later. While you’re reading the news on the players, you might have your own thoughts you want to jot down that you can in a notes popup. Seriously, it has everything. It saved me a lot of time!
Of course, I don’t expect you to take my word for it, so shoot over to Draft Candy and check out our fully functional demo.


For more fantasy football information visit 123fantasyfootball.com. Buy & Sell Tickets on StubHub!

Technorati Tags: , , ,

Up to 60% off





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home